Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ceramics

I am taking a ceramics class this summer and LOVE it! The majority of the class is hand building, but we do a little throwing on the wheel as well. These are the two pots I made and I am so proud of them :). {Let me tell you why} I took a ceramics class in high school and barely passed it. I like to contribute a majority of that to the terrible teacher I had, but I guess I need to take some of the credit. Needless to say, I was very nervous going into this class. Anyway, these are still in the "greenware" stage. The first pot is going to be a matte black and the pot with the carved top is going to have a turquoise crackle glaze! We will be firing our pots on the last day of class.


7 comments:

HDVB said...

WOW!! Way to GO ABBIE! :) You've got some mad ceramic skills!

Cortney said...

Those are awesome! I am very jealous and Ceramics in High School blew. The teacher sucked indeed. I remember I had to start over on my "C" when people were almost done. So stressful. I can't wait to see the finished results. Sorry about your pass, down below.

Kristen and Andrew said...

so cool- way to go!

Ben and Lindsay said...

I am glad you like your class, those look amazing! is this the class that is forever long? If so, I am glad your enjoying it Ü

Marci Joy said...

Fabulous job Abbie.

Jessica & Ryan said...

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE IN CERAMICS!!! We need to talk.

Unknown said...

My friend Ulrike recently completed 30 linoprints in 30 days, posting each print on her blog. That project became an exhibition at Sheffer Gallery a few weeks ago.