Friday, April 2, 2010

Moab

We went to Moab this past weekend with Chris, Tiff & Saunta, Tara, Tyson & Tsye, Chris, Ralphy and Paul. They were a really fun group to be with; we had a blast together. We went biking Saturday and four-wheeling on Fins-n-Things Sunday.
There were four dogs with us, which definitely kept us all entertained.
Zig sat and watched anyone that was eating by the campfire and drooled all over them. haha
He is so weird, I just love him.
Please don't mind ALL the pics I took of Four-Wheeling..
...lets just say I love it.



This was in Green River. Yes, it is a watermelon on a trailer.
Michael devoured it.



What did we spend our REI dividend on this year you ask?
Booties for the boy in fact.
He is now twins with Ralphy.



All the other dogs stayed dry, but not Zig.
He jumps in every little water hole he sees.
At one point we stopped and saw all the dogs but Ziggy.
Michael and I both hopped on our bikes and back tracked to find him.
We called for him and finally heard his cry.
Michael found him off the side of the rock in a deep pot hole filled with water.
He was trying to get out, but it was so steep he couldn't.
I sure breathed a sigh of relief when I found he wasn't hurt.











This picture is another story in and of itself.
Michael decides to go up a huge boulder, but what does he do?
He took the steepest way up that there was.
After his truck was vertical, he couldn't go any farther forward because his back tires weren't even touching the ground. He is literally sitting on the hitch of his truck in these pics. And if he had've backed up, he would have bent the frame of his truck.
Needless to say I wasn't very happy with him, while everyone else is giving him kudos for even attempting it.
Luckily Chris had a winch on Black Beauty and was able to lift the truck to safety.
You might ask, what was the outcome of this bold move?
I will tell you... a pretty significant dent just above the back left tire.
Unfortunately, it will cost a pretty penny to fix but I think secretly Michael is proud of it.







2 comments:

Cortney said...

Your trips look fabulous! I am very jealous indeed. I'm sad I don't have access to Jessica's blog, I didn't know she went private, and I secretly loved looking at her blog. Ziggy is a cutie, makes me want one. Sorry about the dent in his car, but it was pretty cool:)

Ben and Lindsay said...

haha that picture of Ziggy just chilling in the truck..he has quite the life!