Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Blogging

I have not blogged for quite some time due to an unexpected family incident and busy, busy holiday... but I'm finally back and going to fill you in on our lives.

Back in November, Michael and I went on a trip with all of his family to Cabo San Lucas. It was so much fun. All the boys tried skim boarding on the beach, we swam in the ocean, laid in the sun, played many games of Shanghai, and just enjoyed each others company. It was so fun to see Marci and Dan(Michael's sister & her husband). We don't get to see them very often, and it was great to be able to spend some time with them. It was such a relaxing trip with so many smiles and laughs, we loved every minute of it!

















Michael and I returned from Cabo a couple days after Thanksgiving to find my brother in a coma at the Intensive Care Unit at University Hospital. He had an infection in his brain, and it was almost for sure that he wouldn't make it. Miraculously though, he is doing better than we ever could have imagined. He had some temporary paralysis, but the movement has completely come back in both his legs and in one arm so far. He even walked clear to Starbucks (in the hospital) and back the other day! He is doing wonderfully and our family is so greatful for those of you whose prayers and deep concern got us through this trying time.
















3 comments:

Aaron and Kira Adams said...

I am so sorry to hear about your brother! I had no idea. I am so happy to hear that he is doing better! I hope you had a wonderful christmas and new years!

Cortney said...

I'm so very happy that Nick is doing better. Look how tiny he is. We need to do something. Hopefully I'll see you at Amanda's baby shower, I didn't even know she was pregnant and she's due this month. CRAZY. We need to double date soon.

Cortney said...

P.S. Rodger and I love Carson, he's a doll.