Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Xterra Nevada (Incline Village)






You can't see the top of the mountain, clouds and it was snowing up on top it was so cold.

We only had 1/2 mile of pavement to ride it felt nice!


I just returned home this last weekend from Lake Tahoe Nevada, where I completed my second Xterra Triatholon. Saturday was the day of the race, and they had to cancel the swim because there was 45 mph winds that created 5 foot swells on the shore. They replaced the swim with a mile sprint, then we were off to the top of the mountain on our mountain bikes. 13 of the 19 miles were climbing & the first 4 miles we climbed 1800 feet. As we descened down the mountain we ended the race with a 5K mountain run. I had fun, a little sad about the delayed swim but I will have plenty more races to go! I went with Wes (my brother in law) and Chris. I finished in 3hrs 18min. p.s. I think this is my first post!!

6 comments:

Ben and Lindsay said...

Way to go! That is amazing! you need to get Abs out there with ya next time!

Marci + Dan said...

Congrats Michael (on the Xterra AND on blogging). Can't wait to talk to you about it.

Anonymous said...

gooooooo mike! looked like fun!

Mark and Kandice said...

Yeah you are back! That is so cool you might have to teach us all how to train for one. That would be fun to do one as a family.

Mark and Kandice said...

p.s. I tagged you a few posts back. Still waiting to hear about High school from you. :)

Mark and Kandice said...

P.s I tagged you too Michael can't wait to read your post! :)